Run Android on your PC
Release Note 4.4-r4
The Android-x86.org is glad to release the 4.4-r4 to the public. This is the fourth and probably the last stable release of Android-x86 4.4 (kitkat-x86). The prebuilt image is available in the following site as usual:
The Android-x86 4.4-r4 is based on the 4.4-r3 release. It mainly addresses the hazi fonts issue of Mesa 10.5.9 found in some GPUs.
- Besides, the EFI ISO support is back-ported to this release. That means the ISO is bootable from a UEFI device. Therefore we only provide one iso file in this release.
- The kernel is updated to 4.0.9 with patches to support more peripherals like MS Surface series.
- The obsolete 2GB limitation of data.img (created when installed to NTFS or VFAT) is also removed. Note VFAT still suffers from the 4GB limitation of the filesystem.
This release contains one file. The file is bootable in devices with legacy BIOS as well as UEFI firmware.
The file can be dumped into a usb drive to get a bootable usb stick, like
dd if=android-x86-4.4-r4.iso of=/dev/sdX
where /dev/sdX is the device name of your usb drive.
- Suspend and resume may have problems on some systems.
- The installer can't format ext3 filesystem.
The source code is available in the main git server.
repo init -u git://gitscm.sf.net/gitroot/android-x86/manifest -b android-x86-4.4-r4
Read this page for how to compile source code.