Android-x86 2.2-r2 (Froyo-x86) release.
The Android-x86 project is glad to announce the stable version 2.2-r2 to the public. Live CD ISOs are available from the download sites
Test reports (success or fail) are welcome as always. See the below contact information for how to report a problem. Please send the reports to the Android-x86 discussion group.
This is an update release of previous stable release 2.2. It's based on the Android 2.2.2 (Froyo branch). The new features in 2.2-r2 contain
- Kernel is updated to 2.6.38 with more drivers and bug fixes.
- OpenGL hardware acceleration is improved a lot. The performance is almost 4 times faster. OpenGL ES2 is enabled. An experimental support for ATI radeon chipset is added.
- New target are added, including tegav2, s103t, tx2500 and motion_m1400.
- Support multi-touch screen.
- Fix built-in live wallpapers.
We create targets optimized for different x86 platforms. Choose an image that closes to yours. If no image is suitable, your may add your own target.
To create a live USB stick from the iso image, we suggest to use Unetbootin.
- android-x86-2.2-r2-eeepc.iso for ASUS Eee PC family
- android-x86-2.2-r2-asus_laptop.iso for some ASUS Laptops/Tablets
- android-x86-2.2-r2-tegav2.iso for Tegav2 / Viewpad 10
- android-x86-2.2-r2-sparta.iso for Dell Inspiron Mini Duo platform
- android-x86-2.2-r2-s103t.iso for Lenovo Ideapad S10-3T
- android-x86-2.2-r2-tx2500.iso for HP Pavilion tx2500
- android-x86-2.2-r2-motion_m1400.iso for Motion M1400 Tablet PC
- Camera recorder doesn't work.
- Wifi and Ethernet cannot be turned on simultaneously.
- Suspend and resume doesn't work on some targets.
The source code is available in the main git server,
$ repo init -u git://gitscm.sf.net/gitroot/android-x86/manifest -b android-x86-2.2-r2
$ repo sync
as well as the SourceForge mirror:
$ repo init -u git://android-x86.git.sf.net/gitroot/android-x86/manifest.git -b android-x86-2.2-r2
Read this page for how to compile the source code.
We are reachable by
However, before reporting a bug, please search our forum and issue tracker to see if it is a known problem.
To report a problem, please describe the problem you encountered clearly, as well as the detailed information of the machine you tested, the image you used, and the procedures you have tried. The outputs of logcat and dmesg are recommended (if you know how to get them).