Android-x86 4.0-RC1 (Ics-x86).
The Android-x86 project is glad to announce 4.0-RC1 release to public. This is a release candidate for Android-x86 4.0 stable release. Live CD ISOs are available from our sites, as usual
The 4.0-RC1 release is based on the Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich branch). We have fixed and added x86 specified code to let the system runs smoothly on x86 platforms, especially for netbooks or tablets. The key features contain
We create targets optimized for different x86 platforms. Choose a suitable image for your platform.
- Kernel 3.0.8 with KMS enabled. Most netbooks can run Android-x86 in the native resolution.
- OpenGL hardware acceleration for AMD Radeon and Intel chipsets. You may disable it by adding HWACCEL=0 to the cmdline if you have trouble to enable hardware acceleration.
- Support Multi-touch, Wifi, Audio, Bluetooth, G-sensor and Camera.
- Enable chrome http stack to suppoer media streaming.
- Simulate sdcard by internal storage.
- Experimental support of Renderscript.
- External usb drive and sdcard are auto mounted to /mnt/USB on plugging.
- Support hybrid mode of iso images.
- A text based GUI installer which supports ext3/ext2/ntfs/fat32 filesystems.
- Compressed filesystem (squashfs).
- android-x86-4.0-RC1-amd_brazos.iso for AMD Brazos platform, like MSI 110W.
- android-x86-4.0-RC1-eeepc.iso for ASUS Eee PC family
- android-x86-4.0-RC1-asus_laptop.iso for some ASUS Laptops/Tablets
- android-x86-4.0-RC1-tegav2.iso for Tegav2 / Viewpad 10
- android-x86-4.0-RC1-s103t.iso for Lenovo S10-3t tablet
The iso files are hybrid format. That means you can dump the iso into a usb drive and get a bootable usb stick, like
$ dd if=android-x86-4.0-xxx.iso of=/dev/sdX
where /dev/sdX is the device name of your usb drive.
- Suspend and resume doesn't work on some targets.
- No Ethernet support.
The source code is available in the main git server,
$ repo init -u http://git.android-x86.org/manifest -b ics-x86
$ repo sync
as well as the SourceForge mirror:
$ repo init -u git://android-x86.git.sf.net/gitroot/android-x86/x86/platform/manifest.git -b ics-x86
Read this page for how to compile the source code.