Android-x86 4.0-r1 (ICS-x86).
The Android-x86 project is glad to announce the 4.0-r1 release to public. Live CD ISOs are available from the download sites as usual
The 4.0-r1 release is based on the Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich branch). We have fixed and added x86 specified code to let the system runs smoothly on x86 platforms, especially for tablets and netbooks. The key features in this release are
- Kernel 3.0.36 with KMS enabled. Most netbooks can run Android-x86 in the native resolution.
- OpenGL hardware acceleration for Intel and AMD Radeon chipsets. You may disable it by adding HWACCEL=0 to the cmdline if you have trouble to enable it.
- Support Multi-touch, Wifi, Audio, Bluetooth, G-sensor, Camera and some 3G modems.
- Support Ethernet (DHCP only).
- Enable Dalvik JIT compiler and ARM translator.
- Simulate sdcard by internal storage. Note fake sdcard is no longer supported.
- Physical keyboard layout selection.
- Enable chrome http stack to suppoer media streaming.
- Experimental support of Renderscript.
- External usb drive and sdcard are auto mounted to /mnt/USB on plugging.
- Support hybrid mode of iso images.
- A text based GUI installer which supports ext3/ext2/ntfs/fat32 filesystems.
- Compressed filesystem (squashfs).
We create targets optimized for different x86 platforms. Choose a suitable image for your platform.
- android-x86-4.0-r1-amd_brazos.iso for AMD Brazos platform
- android-x86-4.0-r1-asus_laptop.iso for some ASUS Laptops/Tablets
- android-x86-4.0-r1-eeepc.iso for ASUS Eee PC family
- android-x86-4.0-r1-tegav2.iso for Tegav2
- android-x86-4.0-r1-s103t.iso for Lenovo S10-3t tablet (by Robill Tian Supatrio)
- android-x86-4.0-r1-thinkpad.iso for IBM thinkpad tablet (by Stefan Seidel)
- android-x86-4.0-r1-tx2500.iso for HP tx2500 (by Kyle Evans)
- Suspend and resume doesn't work on some targets.
The source code is available in the main git server,
$ repo init -u git://gitscm.sf.net/gitroot/android-x86/manifest -b ics-x86
$ repo sync
Read this page for how to compile the source code.