Android-x86 3.2-RC2 (Honeycomb-x86).
The Android-x86 project is glad to announce 3.2-RC2 release to public. This is a release candidate for android-x86 3.2 stable release. Live CD ISOs are available from our sites, as usual
The test build is based on the Android 3.2.2. We fixed and added many x86 specified code to let the system runs smoothly on x86 platforms, especially for netbooks or tablets. The key features contain
- Kernel 3.0.1 with KMS enabled. Most netbooks can run Android-x86 in the native resolution.
- OpenGL hardware acceleration for Intel and AMD Radeon chipsets. You may disable it by adding HWACCEL=0 to the cmdline if you have trouble to enable hardware acceleration.
- Wifi and multitouch support.
- A text based GUI installer which supports ext3/ext2/ntfs/fat32 filesystems. The installer supports read-write mode, as well as a tool to create a fake sdcard.
- External usb drive and sdcard are auto mounted on plugging.
- Add software mouse cursor. Mouse wheel is also supported.
- Compressed filesystem (squashfs).
We create targets optimized for different x86 platforms. Choose a suitable image for your platform.
- android-x86-3.2-RC2-amd_brazos.iso for AMD Brazos platform, like MSI 110W.
- android-x86-3.2-RC2-eeepc.iso for ASUS Eee PC family
- android-x86-3.2-RC2-asus_laptop.iso for some ASUS Laptops/Tablets
- android-x86-3.2-RC2-tegav2.iso for Tegav2 / Viewpad 10
- Camera and bluetooth don't work.
- Not support Ethernet.
- Suspend and resume doesn't work on some targets.
The source code is available in the main git server,
$ repo init -u git://git.android-x86.org/manifest.git -b honeycomb-x86
$ repo sync
as well as the SourceForge mirror:
$ repo init -u git://android-x86.git.sf.net/gitroot/android-x86/x86/platform/manifest.git -b honeycomb-x86
Read this page for how to compile the source code.