Test build 20110828 for Android-x86 2.3 (Gingerbread-x86).
The Android-x86 project is glad to announce a new test build 20110828 for public testing. This is a release candidate for android-x86 2.3 stable release. Live CD ISOs are available from our sites, as usual
The test build is based on the Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread branch). We fixed and added many x86 specified code to let the system runs smoothly on x86 platforms, especially for netbooks or tablets. The key features contain
- Kernel 220.127.116.11 with KMS enabled. Most netbooks can run Android-x86 in the native resolution.
- OpenGL hardware acceleration for Intel and AMD Radeon chipsets. However, if you have trouble with it, you can disable it by adding HWACCEL=0 to the cmdline.
- Wifi and Ethernet support. Both are configured from the GUI.
- A new text based GUI installer which supports ext3/ext2/ntfs/fat32 filesystems. The installer now supports read-write mode, as well as a tool to create a fake sdcard.
- Bluetooth support for builtin device and external bluetooth dongle.
- External usb drive and sdcard are auto mounted on plugging.
- Add software mouse cursor. Mouse wheel is also supported.
- Compressed filesystem (squashfs).
We create targets optimized for different x86 platforms. Choose a suitable image for your platform.
- android-x86-2.3-RC1-eeepc.iso for ASUS Eee PC family
- android-x86-2.3-RC1-asus_laptop.iso for some ASUS Laptops/Tablets
- android-x86-2.3-RC1-tegav2.iso for Tegav2 / Viewpad 10
- android-x86-2.3-RC1-tx2500.iso for HP Pavilion tx2500
- Camera doesn't work.
- Suspend and resume doesn't work on some targets.
The source code is available in the main git server,
$ repo init -u git://gitscm.sf.net/gitroot/android-x86/manifest -b gingerbread-x86
$ repo sync
as well as the SourceForge mirror:
$ repo init -u git://android-x86.git.sf.net/gitroot/android-x86/manifest.git -b gingerbread-x86
Read this page for how to compile the source code.